[alsa-devel] USB Quirks for Boss JS-8

Keith A. Milner maillist at superlative.org
Mon Mar 21 15:10:14 CET 2011

On Monday 21 Mar 2011 13:32:50 Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Daniel Mack wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Keith A. Milner
> > > I wasn't entirely sure about the quirk syntax as the two interfaces are
> > > at EP 4 and EP5. Does this mean I need to ignore the (non-existant)
> > > lower
> >
> > > interfaces? Here's what I came up with:
> > Does this quirk help anything?
>
> Certainly not; endpoint numbers are not interface numbers.  Try with
> audio interfaces 0 and 1 and MIDI interface 2.

Excellent. I will give this a try and see how it goes. I wasn't actually aware
it had MIDI. I guess this may be used for some sort of control function, or
maybe it's in the hardware but not supported in the devices firmware.

> > I'm just asking because looking at the descriptors,it's not clear
> > whether this device does comply to any standard interfaces at all.
>
> Many Roland devices work this way.   (And I'd expect any USB audio
> developer to instantly recognize descriptors like "0b 24 02 01 02 04 18
> 01 44 ac 00". ;-)

I have to profess my ignorance here.

Thanks for you help. I will report back on how I get on.

--
Keith A. Milner