[alsa-devel] Intel HDA: Realtek ALC260 - jack plugging event interface

Bent Bisballle Nyeng deva at aasimon.org
Mon Mar 21 09:51:25 CET 2011

I have a FitPC2 with an Realtek ALC260 chip.
In the kernel config I have enabled CONFIG_SND_HDA_INPUT_JACK which reads
"enable the jack plugging notification via input layer" in the kernel help

I do however not see any /dev/input/eventX node for the events.
Is there another way in which I can read the jack plugging notification events
from a C program?

I have run til ALSA Iformation script with the following result:

Thank you in advance.
Bent Bisballe Nyeng