[alsa-devel] USB Quirks for Boss JS-8

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 08:54:13 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Keith A. Milner
<maillist at superlative.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm looking at developing a quirk for the Boss JS-8. The lsusb is as follows:

[...]

> I wasn't entirely sure about the quirk syntax as the two interfaces are at EP
> 4 and EP5. Does this mean I need to ignore the (non-existant) lower
> interfaces? Here's what I came up with:
>
> {
>        /* Boss JS-8 Jam Station  */
>        USB_DEVICE(0x0582, 0x0109),

Does this quirk help anything? I'm just asking because looking at the
descriptors,it's not clear whether this device does comply to any
standard interfaces at all. Could be the vendor just hides the
compliancy, but they might have implemented a proprietary protocol as
well.

Daniel