[alsa-devel] VIA VT1708 bugs

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 07:56:18 CET 2011

>> *Independent* headphone
>>
>> http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.p*hp*?t=41015 <http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41015>

>Ok, that makes some sense. It translates to me as
>* With *independent* *HP* turned off - activates auto-mute between
>speaker-out/line-out and headphone out. Note the difference between VIA
>and Realtek/Sigmatel here as line-out are auto-muted as well.

>* With *independent* *HP* turned on - headphone out and speaker-out/line-out
>should take output from different PCM subdevices.

Practically, it is more complex than the above since the desktop
motherboard can have 3 , 5 or 6 audio jacks at rear panel

since those hda codecs only have 8 channels instead of 10

Enable Independent HP on a 6stack model should decrease
spec->mult_out.max_channels from 8 to 6 for subdevice 0

For 5 jacks model , the driver need to retask blue jack as side only
when independent HP switch is off

To support 8 channels for a 3stack model need to retask the front HP as side