[alsa-devel] ALSA/pulseaudio problem workaround

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 14:40:08 CET 2011

2011/3/14 Craig Bourne <craigbourne at gmail.com>

> Here is a workaround for the problem I described in my email to you
> yesterday:
>

> Symptoms alsactl fails carping about pulseaudio,

seem alsactl is replaced by a stub program which does not perform anything

you have to file bug or ask in fedora forum

> audacity can be started on its own but no longer wants to cooperate with
> JACK and ALSA resulting in horribly distorted sound from something horked
> together in the background as a "favor" to the user,

Cannot connect to server  socket err= no such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
Jack server is not running or cannot be started
Expression 'stream->capture.pcm' failed in
'src/hostapi/share/alsa/pa_linux.c' line:3503

seem bug in portaudio

QjackCtl runs, produces messages, and blinks its cute
> little meter display but evidently does this off on the sidelines reporting
> 0 XRUNS even as every little jot and tiddle of computation produces a
> surprising audio result.

This look like bug since install Qjackctl-0.3.7-1-fc14 require to install
portaudio-9-19-fc12 as qjackctl only require jack-audio-connection