[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 2.6.39
broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Mar 15 20:31:06 CET 2011
On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 05:43:16PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> BTW, Mark, Liam, could you guys slowly prepare for whats-new-in-2.6.39
- Support for registering machine drivers as first class devices rather
than using the soc-audio device. Support for the soc-audio device will
be removed at some point in the future.
- Support for ordering widget power changes within widget types, helping
with large CODECs and multi-stage amplifiers.
- Support for waiting for multiple slow events to complete during DAPM
sequences, making it easier to handle things like DC offset correction
on multiple outputs.
- CPU support for Intel Medfield and nVidia Tegra2.
- CODEC support for Cirrus CS4271, Freescale SGTL5000, Maxim MAX8950,
National Semiconductors LM4857, TI SN95031 and Wolfson WM8991
- Machine support for Intel Medfield MID reference platforms, nVidia
Harmony, and Visstrim M10.
More information about the Alsa-devel