[alsa-devel] [GIT PULL FOR 2.6.39] Media controller and OMAP3 ISP driver

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Sat Mar 5 14:02:33 CET 2011

Hi Mauro,

Thanks for the review. Let me address all your concerns in a single mail.

- ioctl numbers

I'll send you a patch that reserves a range in Documentation/ioctl/ioctl-
number.txt and update include/linux/media.h accordingly.

- private ioctls

As already explained by David, the private ioctls are used to control advanced
device features that can't be handled by V4L2 controls at the moment (such as
setting a gamma correction table). Using those ioctls is not mandatory, and
the device will work correctly without them (albeit with a non optimal image
quality).

David said he will submit a patch to document the ioctls.

- media bus formats

As Hans explained, there's no 1:1 relationship between media bus formats and
pixel formats.

- FOURCC and media bus codes documentation

I forgot to document some of them. I'll send a new patch that adds the missing
documentation.

Is there any other issue I need to address ? My understanding is that there's
no need to rebase the existing patches, is that correct ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart