[alsa-devel] QEMU 0.14.0 and aplay: pcm_write:1603: write error: Input/output error

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 4 13:11:11 CET 2011

Dear Asim,

Am Freitag, den 04.03.2011, 15:01 +0530 schrieb asim khan:

>    Iam using Qemu 0.14.0 and linux 2.6.33 but whenever Iam playing any wav
> file with aplay Iam getting error
> *"aplay: pcm_write:1603: write error: Input/output error*"..donno whats
> going wrong..I googled but not much help...its bit urgent plz update me as
> soon as possible.

sorry, I cannot help you. I think you should at least provide what is
written in the ALSA Wiki [1], i. e. at least attach the output of

I guess you should also try to ask people on the QEMU list and you could
also try to use more recent versions of the Linux kernel.

Thanks and good luck,

[1] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug