[alsa-devel] QEMU 0.14.0 and aplay: pcm_write:1603: write error: Input/output error

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Mar 4 13:11:11 CET 2011

Dear Asim,

Am Freitag, den 04.03.2011, 15:01 +0530 schrieb asim khan:

>    Iam using Qemu 0.14.0 and linux 2.6.33 but whenever Iam playing any wav
> file with aplay Iam getting error
> *"aplay: pcm_write:1603: write error: Input/output error*"..donno whats
> going wrong..I googled but not much help...its bit urgent plz update me as
> soon as possible.

sorry, I cannot help you. I think you should at least provide what is
written in the ALSA Wiki [1], i. e. at least attach the output of
`alsa-info.sh`.

I guess you should also try to ask people on the QEMU list and you could
also try to use more recent versions of the Linux kernel.

Thanks and good luck,

Paul

[1] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug