[alsa-devel] K42Jc Notebook(ALC269) port switch between headset, headphone, mic

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 3 17:37:08 CET 2011

Dear Madura,

Am Montag, den 28.02.2011, 23:12 +0530 schrieb Madura Anushanga:

> I want to switch between headphone, headset, mic input/output modes when I
> plug in devices. Alsamixer shows two capture channels, one is for the
> internal mic. I don't know how to use the other. I've tried switching some
> things on and off in hda-analyzer but I failed to get the functionality that
> I wanted. This notebook only has one audio port(TRS 3.5mm), so the selection
> is vital if I'm going to use an external mic. Currently the port is acting
> as an output only port. And something fishy goes on when I select "Analog
> Stereo Input" in profiles in Sound Preferences. It lets me use the external
> mic through the audio port but only if I push the jack half way, the input
> is detected and I can record it(but there's no sound output after I select
> this profile, its input only). I some how think that this is the "mic" mode
> and if I can get it to work on "headset" mode then I'd be able to use it for
> input and output.
>
> This is the information that I got from the script,
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=e70dae201e5d830874536be93090aef0454c8c1e

Please also attach it next time, so no browser is needed to view these
details.

        !!Linux Distribution

        Ubuntu 10.10 \n \l DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 10.10"

Since you are using Ubuntu 10.10, the easiest way is to follow their
instructions to solve sound related problems and report it them using
`ubuntu-bug audio` [1]. There are several developers working for(?)
Ubuntu who will probably be able to help you really quick.

I am sorry to not be able to help you right away. Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingSoundProblems