[alsa-devel] Realtek ALC269VB Asus 1001px intern mic ist not working

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 2 15:28:57 CET 2011

Dear Marty,

please remember to reply to the list, e. g. in Evolution the shortcut is
Ctrl + l, and to send just plain text messages to lists as you did in
your original post.

Am Dienstag, den 01.03.2011, 22:34 +0100 schrieb Marty:
> Am 28.02.2011 20:10, schrieb Paul Menzel:

> > On Mo, 2011-02-28 at 18:53 +0100, Marty wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, hope I get some help with this problem. At the moment I work with
> >> Pulse Audio but the results are very bad.
> >>
> > how do you get it to work using PulseAudio?

I am pasting Marty’s first private answer.

        Am Montag, den 28.02.2011, 21:35 +0100 schrieb Marty:
> [...]
        > Intel Atom N450 @ clocked at [ 1000.000 MHz ]
        > Videocard       Intel N10 Family Integrated Graphics Controller  X.Org
        > 1.7.7  [ 1024x600 ]
        > Processes 128 | Uptime 17min | Memory 258.2/2002.9MB | HDD Size 250GB
        > (16%used) | Client Unknown Perl client | Infobash v2.67.2
        >
        > Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
        >
        > 0 [Intel          ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel
        > HDA Intel at 0xf7cf8000 ir
        >
        > 1:        : sequencer
        > 2: [ 0- 0]: digital audio playback
        > 3: [ 0- 0]: digital audio capture
        > 4: [ 0- 0]: hardware dependent
        > 5: [ 0]   : control
        > 33:        : timer
        >
        > 00-00: ALC269VB Analog : ALC269VB Analog : playback 1 : capture 1
        >

        > I tried nearly all settings in alsamixer m and i could`nt activate the
        > intern mic. After installing Pulse Audio with basic settings I had
        > either no success.
        >
        > 1. I modify /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf options snd-hda-intel model=auto
        > ( i did`nt  tried yet options snd-hda-intel model=fujitsu options
        > snd-hda-intel model=lifebook)
        > 2. save & reboot
        > 3. load driver and check settings in alsamixer m
        > 4. Pulse Audio settings - set all the capture devices to only the left
        > (or right) channel
        > 5. Suspend to Ram
        > 6. reboot
        >
        > After this I had postive results in skype. The intern mic works but the
        > quality is worse. I modified all prossible soundsettings for better
        > results - no luck.
        >
        > Best & thx
        > Marty

> >> check:
> >> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=0286416d03a64a2e34a4f73831c4f0f5cba002d6
> >>
> > Please always additionally paste this information into the message.
> >
> >          […]
> >
> >          !!Kernel Information
> >          !!------------------
> >
> >          Kernel release:    2.6.38-5-generic
> >          Operating System:  GNU/Linux
> >          Architecture:      i686
> >          Processor:         unknown
> >          SMP Enabled:       Yes
> >

> >          !!ALSA Version
> >          !!------------
> >
> >          Driver version:     1.0.23
> >          Library version:    1.0.23
> >          Utilities version:  1.0.23
> >
> >          […]
> >
> > Could you please try a current ALSA version, i. e. 1.0.24, (for example
> > using a live image) or test if some `model` parameters, e. g. `fujitsu`,
> > work [1][2][3]?
> >
> > Searching for »1001PX alsa« also brought up several hits. Which one did
> > you try?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >
> > Paul
> >

> > [1] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug
> > [2] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug_Intel_HDA
> > [3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Asus_Eee_PC_1001px#Sound

> Hi Paul, I fixed it finaly with perfect quality.

I guess `--with-oss=no` will not make a difference. But unless somebody
tried we will not know.

> purge Pulse Audio
> reboot
> modify all settings
> suspend to ram
>
> and after this I had clear sound !

Great to hear that. Could you please confirm that it does not work with
PulseAudio installed. I would imagine that upgrading ALSA driver to
1.0.24 did the trick.

Thank you very much for keeping the list/me updated with your progress
and success.

Paul