[alsa-devel] MOTU Midi Express XT driver

Torsten Schenk torsten.schenk at zoho.com
Thu Jun 30 17:34:34 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to write a driver for the MOTU Midi Express XT. The problem I have is that the device has same idVendor and idProduct as the MOTU FastLane Quad MIDI Interface (for which already a driver exists in snd-usbmidi). If I do an lsusb, I see that the field iProduct identifies the device as a Midi Express XT. But I found no way of matching to iProduct in the usb_device_id structure. Is there a possibility to do so? Otherwise I'm thinking of patching snd-usbmidi in a way that it differentiates between the devices there.

Thanks,
Torsten

Here the lsusb output:
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 07fd:0001 Mark of the Unicorn FastLane Quad MIDI Interface
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.00
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass         1
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x07fd Mark of the Unicorn
  idProduct          0x0001 FastLane Quad MIDI Interface
  bcdDevice            1.32
  iManufacturer           0
  iProduct              119 MIDI Express XT
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1