[alsa-devel] compile problems

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Tue Jun 28 20:49:02 CEST 2011

On 06/28/2011 03:08 AM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:30:40 -0400,
> David Henderson wrote:
>> On 06/27/2011 12:07 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> Then you should check config.log at the place error occurred.
>>> It contains more details.
>>> I guess you'll have to pass also --with-alsa-prefix pointing to the
>>> path where your local libasound.so.2 is placed.

>>> Well, it's still very strange path.  The share sub-directory
>>> definitely doesn't belong under /var.  I'd understand that
>>> /opt/staging/alsa is a prefix for some build-root.  But /var/share
>>> is weird.  If any, it should be /usr/share.
>>>

>>> Takashi
>> I checked in the log file, but I didn't notice anything that gave an
>> indication as to the failure.  Is there any spot in particular to look
>> as the log just ends with "configure: exit 1", but everything above it
>> just appears to be bash-styled variable assignments.
>>
>> I ended up using the following configure parameters, but with the same
>> results:
>>      --with-alsa-inc-prefix=/opt/staging/alsa/var/share/include/alsa
> No, it must be /opt/staging/alsa/var/share/include
>

> Takashi

Ok, I corrected the parameter value per your instructions above Takashi,
but ended up with another compile error.  I researched it online and
found the resolution and it appears as though the source code compiled
correctly.  Thanks for your help (and everyone else who contributed)!

Sincerely,
Dave Henderson