[alsa-devel] wm8974 sam9g45 part #2

Michele Da Rold michele.darold at ecsproject.com
Tue Jun 28 12:22:39 CEST 2011

Hello everybody.

In my previous post I have described my problems, now I'm in this situation:

1. wm8974 configured as slave, sam9g45 master generate a 12Mhz clock con
MCLK, the SSC1 generate BCLK and frame signal with right frequency
22khz, 44.1khz etc. (I know that is't better to use wm8974 like master
but for now I use this configuration...)

2. I try to play a mp3 (with mpg123) o a video (with mplayer). I see the
signal generated by MCU, and the DACDAT signal.

3. I use the default configuration of wm8974 registers, I put the volume
to 100%, the result on headphone output is noise, only noise....
Stopping playback the noise stop so I think that I'm playing a sound but
no output!!

Someone could help me? I don't know if I'm in the right list.... could
you suggest me another one better for my questions?

Best regards
Michele