[alsa-devel] compile problems

David Henderson dhenderson at digital-pipe.com
Mon Jun 27 17:06:11 CEST 2011

On 06/27/2011 10:27 AM, Adrian Pardini wrote:
> On 27/06/2011, Adrian Pardini<pardo.bsso at gmail.com>  wrote:
> [...]
>> Also you may have to set the
>> LDFLAGS environment variable to point to where your libraries are
>> being installed under /opt
>
> --with-alsa-prefix looks more suitable. Maybe
> --with-alsa-prefix=opt/staging/alsa/var/ is all you need.

Ok, I tried using this configure parameter instead of the
--with-alsa-inc-prefix, but it's still bombing.  I even tried compiling
using each sub-directory as the value until the actual value was the
entire path to where the header files were stored - each providing the
same error message.  One thing I did notice was by using the different
configure parameter, the output was slightly different:

using --with-alsa-inc-prefix=...
<snip>
checking for ALSA CFLAGS...  -I/opt/staging/alsa/var
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.16... not present.
configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.

using --with-alsa-prefix=...
<snip>
checking for ALSA CFLAGS...
checking for ALSA LDFLAGS...  -L/opt/staging/alsa/var -lasound -lm -ldl
-lpthread
checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.16... not present.
configure: error: Sufficiently new version of libasound not found.

Do I still need to adjust the LDFLAGS variable since it looks like it's
passing that value to it already?

Thanks,
Dave