[alsa-devel] M-Audio FTU issues

Grant Diffey gdiffey at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:27:36 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:14 AM, Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I've looked into this today and as expected, the device normally
> operates in implicit feedback mode. After installing a proprietary
> driver on Mac OS X (that regularily crashed my kernel), the analyzer
> shows that for every inbound packet, an out packet is sent back with
> the same amount of data in it. And there are no feedback endpoints.
>

> yeah m-audio can't write software or design hardware we know ;)

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM, Aurélien Leblond <blablack at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > There are still the issue of samples dropping.
> >
> > Tto reproduce it:
> > - Open Audacity and set it up to be using Jack.
> > - Click Generate -> Tone -> Ok.
> >
> > "Normally" you should hear very regular pops...
> >

> What surprises me though, is that I can't hear the clicks and pops you
> guys describe. Instead, I hear a quite annoying distortion for both
> 44100 and 48000 Hz which I can't explain either. My spontanous guess
> is that there is a resampler in the chain which compensates the sample
> drift and notably reduces the audio quality.

eww that's uncool.

Silly question In the mac controlcentre ensure you've turned off/bypassed
the reverb/dsp capabilities?

I've previously replicated this with audacity and jack. (at 24bit 96kHz) but
when I get home I'll give aplay a go after generating the sine.

I'll see if I can capture it and make some waveform's or something and I've
tested my other usb soundcard and it doesn't have the clicking.

Grant.