[alsa-devel] Ubuntu 11.04 with Linux kernel 3.0.0-rc4: Noise on snd-hda-intel

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Wed Jun 22 11:13:58 CEST 2011

Paul Menzel wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 22.06.2011, 10:34 +0200 schrieb Sune Mølgaard:

> Please clean up the quotes before replying!

Sorry forgot the quotes again. Will try to remember.

> Ok, so you are using Ubuntu and a self-compiled Linux kernel. These are
> very important information so please mention it next time in the first
> place. The answers to the following question are probably useful too?

Duly noted.

> 1. Is it a regression? Does this happen with the Linux kernel shipped by
> Ubuntu or did it happen with your self-compiled Linux kernels before?
> 2. If it also happens with the default Linux kernel shipped by Ubuntu
> the easiest way is to follow their instructions to solve sound related
> problems and report it to them using `ubuntu-bug audio` [1]. There are
> several developers working for(?) Ubuntu who will probably be able to
> help you really quickly.

Ad 1) I'm uncertain as to whether it is a regression. This is a new
headset to replace my old one. The old one has done this on my desktop
machine for ages, but not in my laptop. The new one does this on both
desk- and laptop.

Ad 2) I'll try the official kernels and report there if it persists.
Thank you.

> I am sorry that I will not be able to help you any further because I do
> not know anything about the internals. I hope you will be able to fix
> your problem quickly.

That's perfectly ok - thank you for helping me this far and thank you
for hoping :-)

Thanks,

Sune

--
I have seen no evidence whatsoever that Microsoft's millions of
dollars have enabled them to come up with a better product than MIT's