[alsa-devel] Noise on snd-hda-intel

Sune Mølgaard sune at molgaard.org
Tue Jun 21 21:39:31 CEST 2011

Plugging almost any headset into the front headset jacks on my machine
results in noise in the headphones as well as in Skype conversations
and/or recording. Said noise is, however not head in the regular
speakers (except when playing back recordings, of course.

lspci -vvnn gives

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 82801JI (ICH10 Family) HD
Audio Controller [8086:3a3e]
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:82ea]
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
<MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 256 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 70
	Region 0: Memory at f7ff8000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>
	Kernel driver in use: HDA Intel
	Kernel modules: snd-hda-intel

and aplay -l gives

card 0: Device [USB Multimedia Audio Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB
Audio]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: AD198x Analog [AD198x Analog]
   Subdevices: 1/1
   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I have tried with no modules options as well as

options snd_hda_intel model=6stack

and

options snd_hda_intel model=6stack-dig

Best regards,

Sune Mølgaard

--
You buy Windows, and you put it on your machine-you can't do a whole lot
with it.