[alsa-devel] ALSA Fireworks driver

Doug McLain doug at nostar.net
Sat Jun 18 23:18:53 CEST 2011

Aha! I had an older version that someone from the ffado list pointed me
to.  I grabbed the .c and .h file from your link and built them (after
defining CSR_IPCR and CSR_OPCR locally, my kernel-dev pkg doesnt have
them) and now jack starts and I can record and play from ardour, but
only at 44.1Khz, even though I start jackd with -r48000.  It looks like
44.1Khz is the default setting the AF12 powers up at, and the alsa
driver doesn't know how to change SR yet, is this the case?

I start the device up using ffado to force it into 48K, but then jack
will no longer start using the alsa driver until I cycle power on the
device.

The driver appears to work good in 44.1K though.  Aplay plays wav files
using plughw, but not hw.

I also wonder if you can explain to me how to clone just that driver so
I can keep up with it correctly using git pull.  I'm a little weak on
git.  I just grabbed the .c and .h files manually and made my own
Makefile for standalone module building.

Doug