[alsa-devel] wm8974 and sam9g45 atmel

Michele Da Rold michele.darold at ecsproject.com
Fri Jun 17 17:03:01 CEST 2011

Il 17/06/2011 11:22, Michele Da Rold ha scritto:
> Il 10/06/2011 12:31, Mark Brown ha scritto:
>> On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 05:11:48PM +0200, Michele Da Rold wrote:
>>> Hello everybody, I'm starting a new development with a Atmel SAM9G45 and
>>> a WM8974.
>>
>> Please always CC maintainers on mails - traffic on the mailing list is
>> easily lost.
>>
>>> I'm using kernel 2.6.33.2
>>
>> This kernel is *very* old - I would strongly recommend updating to a
>> more current kernel if you're looking for support.
>>
> Updated to 2.6.39.1!
>>> Putting some dedug messagge the driver not call the function
>>> "set_bias_level", and call the mute function with mute=0.
>>> Testing the MCLK signal I not see any clock on pin because I never call
>>> clk_enable!!
>>
>> Have you routed audio from the DAI to an output using the ALSA controls?
>> If you haven't connected an output path up then the kernel won't power
>> anything on.
>>
> Now I have configured wm8974 like slave, the ssc generate BCLK e FRAME
> signal and MCLK but I haven't output (I'm doing a playback)
> I'm new to alsa development so I haven't understand how to route audio
> to DAI from output, could you help me?

UPDATE!!!!!!!
Using amixer I have put to on the numid=61,iface=MIXER,name='Speaker
Mixer PCM Playback Switch' ON
numid=46,iface=MIXER,name='Speaker Playback Volume' 63 (max value)

and then the playback start but at speaker output I have only noise no
sound!!

I have another question:
it's better to use wm8974 like master? because I have see that the atmel
ssc is not so good generating clocks....

Thank you

Michele