[alsa-devel] alsa-driver build problem : no lola dir

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Jun 8 07:28:30 CEST 2011

At Wed, 08 Jun 2011 08:40:17 +1200,
Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:

> On 07/06/11 17:17, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>
> > Always use my alsa-driver-build.git if you are using sound-2.6 git or
> > the latest kernel:
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/alsa-driver-build.git
>
> Thanks Takashi, that seems to be working...
>
> > The repos in alsa-project.org are still based on old versions.
>

> For reference, are these the usable combinations?:
>
> alsa-driver + (alsa-kmirror or alsa-kernel)
>
> alsa-driver-build + sound-2.6

Yes, the repos on the same host can be combined.

> alsa-driver's gitcompile prefers sound-2.6 to alsa-kmirror, perhaps this
> is wrong?

Well, it's not "wrong" but superfluous.
alsa-driver repo is synchronized occasionally on both hosts, but
currently it can't be done because alsa-kernel (and kmirror) isn't
updated and not pull-able from the latest kernel because of rebased
commits.

thanks,