[alsa-devel] Creative X-Fi Titanium HD ctxfi bugs 5378 5218 4868

Marshall DeBerry mdb at radix.net
Sun Jun 5 06:35:41 CEST 2011

Harry Butterworth <heb1001 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello folks,
>
>     I bought an X-Fi Titanium HD thinking it would work with the ctxfi
> driver but it is a new card and has a few differences from the earlier
> cards.  Creative technical support have been quite helpful in
> answering my questions.  This email is a heads-up to let you know that
> I'm doing some work on the driver.
>
>     I'm not finished yet.  In particular the PLL initialization still
> does not work reliably, the capture source selection is a bit broken
> and one of the ADC chips is being driven out-of-spec when the card is
> run at 192kHz.
>
>     I have attached the current state of my changes which are enough
> to get the Titanium HD card working but the patch shouldn't be applied
> because my hack at the PLL code and a couple of other bits may break
> existing cards.  I have been working against the ALSA 1.0.24 release
> so this is a patch against 1.0.24.
>
>     I'm waiting for creative to answer my questions about the PLL
> initialization and correct setup for 196kHz operation.  Once I get the
> answers I'll try to fix the issues and submit a cleaner patch.
>
>     Comments on the current version are welcome.
>
> Harry
>
> Attachment (Titanium-HD): application/octet-stream, 35 KiB

Hello,
  I just want to confirm that the patches you have submitted are working for me
under Fedora 15 64 bit.  Thank you very much for attacking this issue;  my music
sounds great so far with this driver in conjunction with the Titanium HD card.
Please let me know if you would like me to test any additional changes you may
make with any future patches.
  Thanks again.