[alsa-devel] Question about adding support for new audio codecs from Conexant

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Thu Jun 2 08:40:59 CEST 2011

Date 2.6.2011 07:04, Palash Bandyopadhyay wrote:
> Dear Jaroslav,
>

>   I am a group lead and a developer for Conexant Systems
> (www.conexant.com <http://www.conexant.com>). Over the years, we have
> been developing quite a range of audio devices. We have also written
> ALSA drivers for a few of our I2S/PCM codecs that work with SoCs such as
> NVidia’s Tegra, Samsung’s V210, Freescale’s iMx series.
>

>   The question that I have is, what is the procedure of adding these
> drivers to the main ALSA repository so that users can have access to
> this directly rather than to have to contact us? Any suggestions/help in
> this direction will be very helpful. Going through the wiki site, I see
> that main stream developers might need write access to the git
> repository. If that is true, what is the process that needs to be
> followed in order to get write access to the repository?

Hello,

	basically, send your patches (try to split changes to small pieces) to
the alsa-devel mailing list. We review them and apply to our repository.
If you have many patches available, it would be better to create your
own kernel GIT tree with these patches and send a summary with the GIT
URL to the alsa-devel mailing list. We pull your patches after review.

>   BTW, I am also a developer for the V4L/LinuxTV community as we
> (Conexant) also make capture chips for PCTV and Surveillance.

Nice to know.

				Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>