[alsa-devel] HDA Intel/ALC269 microphone problem

Mathieu Bouffard mbouffard at strangequarks.org
Wed Jun 1 03:16:10 CEST 2011

Read a few bug reports (going back to 2009!) around where users couldn't
use their microphone with HDA Intel/ALC269. I had one set up JACK for 2
playback channels and 1 capture channel, make an .asoundrc to route
everything to pulse which is started with a configuration only using
module-jack-sink and module-jack-source, start it up and the microphone
and the whole setup worked. But that's quite a hassle for a workaround!

I had suspicions that it was the stereo mic causing problem and forcing
mono would work and it seems to be the case. I attached a patch, hoping
that the fix might be as simple as forcing mono at the ALSA level, but I
don't think it'll be that simple... Can someone more experienced see if
more is needed, and if not then commit it?

(orig file is from 3.0-rc1 source)

--
Mathieu Bouffard<mbouffard fedoraproject org>