[alsa-devel] Sound BoF in LinuxCon Europe?

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Jul 12 23:28:33 CEST 2011

On 2011-07-08 14:53, David Henningsson wrote:
> On 2011-07-08 12:36, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>> Hi,
>> just wondering how about holding a sound-BoF in LinuxCon Europe in
>> October?
>> I know ELCE will be held at the very same time, so it may need the
>> adjustment of schedule. But in general what do you think?
>> I know some guys will attend LPC in September, too. If the topic is
>> redundant again after one month, it's fine, no much need for that.
>> OTOH, it's a conference in Europe, so people there may have more
>> chance to attend (like me :-)
>> An alternative is a workshop in KS2011 day 1, but I think KS suits
>> better for more broader topics, e.g. the discussions on the media-
>> notification support or the jack implementation like a thread in the
>> last month.
> I like the initiative and I'm all for having a sound BoF!
> Unfortunately, the timing is bad. Ubuntu's biggest event, the Ubuntu
> Developer Summit, is in Florida 24-28 October and my attendance is
> required...

Actually the UDS has suddenly moved to 31 October - 4 November instead,
so it will likely be possible for me to attend LinuxCon should you have
a sound BoF there. As it's time to start book tickets it would be good
to know whether that'll be the case or not.

As a side note, I just saw an announcement that there will probably be a
PulseAudio session at the desktop summit. [1] If that means a lot of
audio people are going there, perhaps that could be an alternative
location for the sound BoF as well? Takashi and others, will you be at
the desktop summit?

David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.

[1] http://wiki.desktopsummit.org/Workshops_%26_BoFs/2011/The_Audio_BoF