[alsa-devel] Sound BoF in LinuxCon Europe?

Liam Girdwood lrg at ti.com
Fri Jul 8 13:18:15 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 12:36 +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just wondering how about holding a sound-BoF in LinuxCon Europe in
> October?
>
> I know ELCE will be held at the very same time, so it may need the
> adjustment of schedule.  But in general what do you think?

I don't think I'll be at ELCE but Peter will be attending from TI.

> I know some guys will attend LPC in September, too.  If the topic is
> redundant again after one month, it's fine, no much need for that.
> OTOH, it's a conference in Europe, so people there may have more
> chance to attend (like me :-)

Mark and I are looking at another ASoC/Audio workshop at LPC, to go over
progress and planning for the next development phase. Imo, this would
likely complement a BOF at LinuxCon since a good proportion of the BOF
audience will probably be different from LPC with different hardware,
requirements, users, etc.

> An alternative is a workshop in KS2011 day 1, but I think KS suits
> better for more broader topics, e.g. the discussions on the media-
> notification support or the jack implementation like a thread in the
> last month.

Regards

Liam