[alsa-devel] What is correct way to put conditional stuff in ASoC codec driver?

Ashish Chavan ashish.chavan at kpitcummins.com
Thu Jul 7 13:50:07 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 01:07 +0530, Mark Brown wrote:

> No, that's not a user visible control that's part of the internal DAPM
> power management stuff.  You're looking for struct snd_kcontrol_new
> stuff.

Oh, that's correct. You may be suggesting something similar to what is
done in sound/soc/codecs/wm8985.c for "Equalizer Function", i.e. using
SOC_xxx_EXT version for defining custom control and putting condition
checks in respective "_put()" function.

> The state of another control is one example of a dynamic source of
> information.

Can you point me to any example that shows correct way to inquire
state/value of a custom control? I guess snd_soc_get_xxx() functions
need to be used here but I could find only handful of usages of these
functions in entire sound/soc/codecs dir.