[alsa-devel] Allocating buffers for USB transfers (again)

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:38:51 CEST 2011

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Oliver Neukum <oliver at neukum.org> wrote:

> PS:  Do you still see this if you enable 64bit DMA for EHCI?

The problem is that I personally don't see that issue at all. I even
installed 4GB of RAM to my development machine last year to be able to
reproduce this, but I can't, even when the memory allocator is under
heavy load. The only people who see this effect are Pedro Ribeiro and
William Light (both in Cc:), and both have been very helpful in trying
patches and reporting back in detail. Which instructions could we
probably give to these people to finally hunt this issue down?

Daniel