[alsa-devel] M-Audio FTU issues

Aurélien Leblond blablack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 19:14:26 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Grant Diffey <gdiffey at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM, Aurélien Leblond <blablack at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Daniel,
>> >
>> > All clicks gone as Felix already said :)
>>
>> Good.
>>

> So it works. yay

The main bug which was samples being dropped is fixed (thanks to
Daniel), as long as the playback and capture streams are not started
at the same time.

>> > And confirmed, the kernel crashed with playback and capture streams
>> > started at the same time :)
>>
>> I'd like to discuss the API for the ALSA/USB decoupling as suggested
>> by Clemens, which will solve this problem then.
>

> Nobody has any ideas what this interface might look like?
>
> From what I understand this would lead to re-unifying the ua101 driver into
> snd-usb-audio as well?

Looks like the general consensus is that more and more of these type
of USB sound card will come up,
so it might not be the best to create a specific driver for the FTU.

To be honest, Daniel would be the best to answer the question (as he's
the only one with the knowledge and the device!).