[alsa-devel] [PATCH v2 00/13] OMAP: McBSP: hwmod adaptation and runtime conversion
Kishon Vijay Abraham I
kishon at ti.com
Mon Jan 31 15:50:24 CET 2011
Modify OMAP McBSP driver to use omap hwmod framework and pm runtime APIs.
Created on top of linux OMAP master (linux-omap-2.6 :master)
Did digital loopback testing on OMAP4430, OMAP3430 and OMAP2430 SDP boards.
Verified that this patch series does not break the OMAP1 build.
Patch series modifies audio layer and hence would appreciate the help of
some audio guy to test this series.
Patch series requires the following patch to be present
* Added omap_hwmod_lookup() in the callback to omap_hwmod_for_each_by_class()
to obtain hwmod data for sidetone. Previously this nesting of hwmod APIs was
prevented by the use of mutex.
* Added a revision member in hwmod database inorder to facilitate the driver
to differentiate between different OMAP.
* Created APIs to pass DMA params from McBSP driver to client drivers
* Cleaned up sound soc by removing the use of macros to obtain base address
and DMA channel number and instead use APIs exposed by the driver.
* Removed macros defined in mcbsp driver for data that is obtained from
* McBSP is designed to use multiple hwmods for a single device when the McBSP
device has sidetone feature.
* To avoid funcionality break of OMAP1 McBSP in between the series
and to keep the patches readable, implementation was done in two steps:
- First modify mcbsp driver to use platform_get* APIs
- then convert it to use hwmod framework for OMAP2+.
* API's like omap_device_noidle() and omap_device_default_idle() is used to
change the SYCONFIG register bits. This change is done to align with the
discussion on 
* Use '.rev' of omap_hwmod class to identify OMAP3 specific settings
* Use *ST_* macros for idlest_idle bit
* Incorporate other general review comments provided for hwmod adpatation
of other OMAP driver's (eg., do pdata free after a omap_device_build())
* Retain fclk even after pm_runtime adaptation to facilitate switching of
functional clock from one source to another
* Add member 'name' to omap_hwmod_addr_space struct so that the driver need
not rely on the order to get the proper resource .
Discussions related to the first RFC patch can be found at 
Benoit Cousson (1):
OMAP4: hwmod data: Add McBSP
Charulatha V (3):
OMAP2420: hwmod data: Add McBSP
OMAP2430: hwmod data: Add McBSP
OMAP3: hwmod data: Add McBSP
Kishon Vijay Abraham I (9):
OMAP: hwmod: Add member 'name' to omap_hwmod_addr_space struct
OMAP: McBSP: Convert McBSP to platform device model
OMAP3: hwmod: add dev_attr for McBSP sidetone
OMAP2+: McBSP: hwmod adaptation for McBSP
OMAP: McBSP: use omap_device APIs to modify SYSCONFIG
OMAP: McBSP: Add pm runtime support
OMAP: McBSP: APIs to pass DMA params from McBSP driver to client
ASoC: McBSP: get hw params from McBSP driver
OMAP: hwmod: Removal of macros for data that is obtained from hwmod
arch/arm/mach-omap1/mcbsp.c | 383 +++++++++++++++----
arch/arm/mach-omap2/mcbsp.c | 228 +++---------
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod.c | 1 +
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2420_data.c | 167 ++++++++
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_2430_data.c | 417 ++++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_3xxx_data.c | 544 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap_hwmod_44xx_data.c | 321 +++++++++++++++
arch/arm/mach-omap2/prcm-common.h | 4 +
arch/arm/plat-omap/devices.c | 10 +-
arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/mcbsp.h | 69 +---
arch/arm/plat-omap/include/plat/omap_hwmod.h | 4 +-
arch/arm/plat-omap/mcbsp.c | 207 +++++++---
sound/soc/omap/omap-mcbsp.c | 126 +------
13 files changed, 2006 insertions(+), 475 deletions(-)
More information about the Alsa-devel