[alsa-devel] UCM list/set/get

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Mon Jan 31 23:40:44 CET 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, pl bossart wrote:

>>> cset "name='Master Playback Switch' 1,1"
>>
>> For complete cset command look to 'amixer cset' syntax. You may get list of
>> available identifiers using 'amixer controls'.
>
> Thanks Jaroslav. I had not connected the dots with amixer. Works fine
> now for the defaults. I am still not able to get/set a verb
>
> $ ./alsaucm -c TestHDA get _verb
> sh: my: command not found
> ./alsaucm: error failed to get _verb: No such file or directory

No verb is active here, so the error code is correct. In this state, you
can just list available verbs or devices and set one. The command to list
devices for TestHDA case is:

list _devices/Case1

> same for set. Isn't _verb a know identifier in src/ucm/main.c?

This works for me:

ALSA_CONFIG_UCM="$HOME/alsa/alsa-lib/test/ucm" ./alsaucm open TestHDA \
set _verb Case1 get _verb set _enadev Device1.0 list _devices

You may split commands to the interactive mode or you may use a batch file
and run:

ALSA_CONFIG_UCM="$HOME/alsa/alsa-lib/test/ucm" ./alsaucm -b test.batch

test.batch file contents:

open TestHDA
set _verb Case1
get _verb