[alsa-devel] Hello, first mail and a quesion.

Matías Goinheix Freitas maghox.fr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:30:08 CET 2011

Hello people,

This is my first mail here. Before purchasing the cheap awful USB interface
I have now, I was in love with the Saffire 6 USB. Sadly it didn't run on
linux. A friend of mine got it (he uses another OS) and so I tested for
myself that it's not recognized by Ubuntu 10.04.

My question is this: I have access to that interface because I can borrow it
anytime I want. I don't have the slightest idea on developing a driver or
hacking stuff (I suscribed to this mailing list because I thought it's the
one I could have contact with developers even though I'm not, if I'm in the
wrong place I will unsuscribe it's not my intention to bother). Is there any
way I could help developers interested in creating a driver for this
interfase? I don't know if that makes sense, but maybe there's a project
going on that I'm unaware of and they could use some info about that
interface. I could copy/paste/send them the info they needed, or run the
commands they tell me to run and give them the info.

Thank you,
Matías