[alsa-devel] alsamixer don´t start

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 31 10:36:19 CET 2011

Am Sonntag, den 30.01.2011, 10:40 +0100 schrieb kvoigtlaender:
> I described my problem here (in german):
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=974850#post974850
>
> Mobo Gigabyte M68M-S2P with nVidia chip and ALC883
> Tried with headphone on rear and front socket.
> Error "unknown symbol" in dmesg.
> Card is not recognized.

I guess you will not get a lot of responses when people will have to
read a forum post in a language not used on this list.

You seem to use yaVDR and updated ALSA. Using the distribution packages
or did you compile from upstream sources?

If you expect someone to answer you will have to provide more
information (in a way it makes it easy to grasp).

Anyway, please take a look at the Wiki page »Help To Debug« [1] and
report back. But I guess this is a yaVDR issue and not an upstream ALSA
issue.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help_To_Debug