[alsa-devel] [hdspm: Add RME RayDAT/AIO 0/2] Reworked support for RayDAT/AIO

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Wed Jan 26 16:58:28 CET 2011

Hi!

Finally, here's the patch that adds RME RayDAT and AIO support to hdpsm.
Code was taken from Florian Faber's

   http://wiki.linuxproaudio.org/index.php/Driver:hdspe

revision (2010-12-25) and heavily modified to (almost) comply with the
coding style.

I also enabled S/PDIF input and augmented the code to allow for
all period sizes between 64 and 4096 samples on RayDATs/AIOs.

As pointed out by Takashi earlier this month, this version now doesn't
use typedefs or enums in ioctl structs. I hope that I caught all
upstream changes that happened in the last three years. ;)

Obviously, the patch is extremely long, it adds MMAP access, support for
the additional TCO hardware module, more MIDI ports and probably a lot
more.

It's more like a new generation than an evolution, and if you think it's
too much, you could still call it hdspe and make it a new driver
instead, however, given that OSX and Win32 only have one hdsp driver for
all cards, it feels wrong to have three on Linux. In theory, all this
can be merged with the hdsp driver, but that's for some other time. ;)

Cheers

Adrian Knoth (2):
  Add support for RME RayDAT and AIO
  Add RayDAT and AIO strings to Kconfig