[alsa-devel] [QUERY] [AUDIO][OMAP3 EVM] arecord not working on OMAP3 EVM

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Fri Jan 21 08:56:50 CET 2011

On 01/20/11 17:26, ext Koyamangalath, Abhilash wrote:
> Hi all
> While testing audio capture (using arecord e,g.),I'm getting only noise in the (zeroed out) output buffers on the OMAP3 EVM.
> I have enabled AUXL and AUXR mic inputs through alsamixer, which according to the schematics are connected to the "Audio In"
> connector on the board, even though the TWL4030 reg list does not allow me any ways ( or so I think) to specify mic-bias for
> these aux inputs.

Well, it is auxiliary input (line in). You do not need bias for it.
I do not have access to OMAP3 EVM documentation, but Beagle also have
AUXL/R as input.
I guess you need to use correct cable, and correct source for the input
(stereo jack I suppose).

> With AUXL and AUXR muted - I get only silence, which seems to make sense.
> Is there any basic startup setting I'm missing, maybe specific to OMAP3 EVM?

Beagle?

> Has anyone seen anything like this before, and could provide pointers?

My bet goes for the wrong cable/accessory pair.

--
Péter