[alsa-devel] Driver for TerraTec DMX 6Fire USB
torsten.schenk at zoho.com
Wed Jan 19 20:44:27 CET 2011
i recently got a TerraTec DMX 6Fire USB. Since it's not supported by alsa, I decided to look into communications between the windows driver and the card. Here is the result.
What should be revised:
- I was unsure about naming conventions, so please check the name of card/midi/pcm/control/module.
- Also the device needs firmware to be able to run. I did not included the firmware (from the windows driver) in the attachment since the 60kB mail size limit were exceeded last time I tried to post this driver.
- Firmware: I read about that .ihex-parsing in drivers is not really approved, but I cannot convert the files easily into a binary format because the offsets are not contiguous. Of course there could be alternate ways to be thought about, which would imply that original files from TT are not supported since they are in ihex.
- I didn't manage to create a configuration in /usr/share/alsa/cards.
What is working: Everything except SPDIF
- Hardware Master volume
- PCM 44-192kHz at 24 bits, 6 channels out, 4 channels in (analog)
- MIDI in/out
- firmware loading after cold start
- phono/line switching
If anything else comes to your attention, just let me know.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 13189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/attachments/20110119/c14a696a/attachment.dll
More information about the Alsa-devel