[alsa-devel] Missing patches for 2.6.38 merge?
broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Jan 11 23:17:49 CET 2011
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 08:23:41PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Mark, Liam, do you guys have still many pending updates? If so, please
> forward quickly. Also, if a brief summary of this merge in ASoC area
> is ready, it'd be helpful.
- Enhancements to multi-component from Jarkko Nikula allowing multiple
devices of the same type to be included in one system (and handling
other overlaps between devices) and support cross device DAPM.
- Support from Dimitris Papastamos for compressing the register cache in
memory using either an rbtree or LZO, giving substantial memory savings
on CODECs with large register maps.
- Addition of trace points around DAPM and register I/O operation,
allowing very low overhead logging without interfering with the main
system log, useful for collecting verbose diagnostics without
interfering with system operation and for always enabled flight recorder
style tracking for intermittent problems.
- Restructuring of the Samsung CPU support from Jassi Brar, including a
number of really good usability improvements.
- New CODEC drivers for ALC5621/2/3, WM8737, WM8770 and WM8958.
- Machine support for HP iPAQ H1940, HP t5325 thin clients and OpenRC
More information about the Alsa-devel