[alsa-devel] [bisected] snd_hda_intel, 2.6.37: automuting on headphone connect broken; headphone connecter no longer shown in userspace

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 09:23:31 CET 2011

2011/1/5 Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> Upon upgrading to 2.6.37,
> auto-muting-laptop-speakers-on-headphone-connect stopped working, and
> the headphone connector completely disappeared from alsamixer as well
> as the pulseaudio volume control panel. The headphone jack was still
> transmitting sound, though.
>
> I bisected the problem, with 'good' being v2.6.36, and found the
> commit below as the first bad commit. Reverting it on v2.6.37 fixes
> the problem. I also tried the latest alsa-kernel master git tree,
> which had the same problem.
>
> alsa-info when 'good':
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=a0b5c95f764a0b01746be46f989685996e1f9210
>
> alsa-info when 'bad':
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=30f30ca5461f03b98ab6c7c611cf24ea4526f537

if your Dell Studio 1458 have dual HP Out at Ext Right - node  0x19 and 0x1b
, the latest driver seem put them into line_out  instead of hp_outs

hda_codec: ALC665: BIOS auto-probing.
autoconfig: line_outs=2 (0x19/0x1b/0x0/0x0/0x0)
   speaker_outs=1 (0x15/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
   hp_outs=0 (0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0/0x0)
   mono: mono_out=0x0
   inputs: Internal Mic=0x12 Mic=0x1a