[alsa-devel] VIA VT1708 bugs

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 08:43:51 CET 2011

2011/1/4 David Henningsson <david.henningsson at canonical.com>

> Hi,
>
> the state of VIA VT1708 in the current kernel is far from optimal. It
> would be good to improve the situation, at least for 2.6.38. On the
> machine here, I experience at least these bugs:
> 3) Several users report headphones output being broken
>
> * Symptoms vary a little and some might be due to bug 2), but some
> however report the headphones volume being "grayed out" in alsamixer. I
> haven't seen that in particular on the hardware here.
>
> 4) All these extra controls - "Independent HP", "Jack Detect", "Smart 5.1"

Independent headphone

http://www.viaarena.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41015

"Smart 5.1"  similar to switch "channel mode" from 2 to 6 in intedl
desktop motherboard with 3 audio jacks in rear panel

"Independent Headphome" similar to "Multistreaming" playback in those two videos

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-020642.htm