[alsa-devel] regarding references taken on platform and codec driver modules

Harsha, Priya priya.harsha at intel.com
Mon Jan 3 17:27:16 CET 2011

>> Is there anything that I am doing wrong here or missing out?
>
>This should all happen automatically based only on the data structures
>in your driver, there shouldn't be anything to miss.
I have created the required data structures in the driver.
When I do a insmod of machine driver, there are 8 references of platform driver
taken (4 cpu dai and 4 platform driver) and 4 of codec driver taken
When I do rmmod of machine driver, the references of platform driver and codec
driver are left at 3. I did a trace back as where all the references are taken and
 where all they are released. I find that 4 references of codec driver and
 platform driver are taken but only one of them is released.

How do I fix this problem?

-Harsha