[alsa-devel] regarding references taken on platform and codec driver modules

Harsha, Priya priya.harsha at intel.com
Mon Jan 3 08:09:13 CET 2011

In soc-core.c, I see that try_module_get() is used to get reference count on the
codec and platform drivers. But I don't see try_module_put() to remove the
reference count after usage.

Because of this, my reference count on codec and platform driver is never
reduced and I am not able to do rmmod of these drivers. But I can rmmod the
machine driver as there are no reference count taken on it.

Is this intentional to avoid rmmod of these modules? Or this is to be fixed