[alsa-devel] hdspmixer segfault (1.0.24+)

Adrian Knoth adi at drcomp.erfurt.thur.de
Mon Feb 28 23:00:53 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:35:36PM -0500, Craig Bourne wrote:

Hi!

> S/PDIF], this is all very reassuring. I will carry on with the testing on
> Wednesday and report back my results.

For all who care, foremost probably Fernando:

   $ git clone http://cluster.inf-ra.uni-jena.de/~adi/alsa-tools.git
   $ git checkout adi-fixes

(or simply pull this branch into your local alsa-tools git repo).

I've reworked the code in question. At least the label thing should be
fine now, but let's wait for Craig to confirm it.

Unfortunately, I won't be around on Wednesday. Maybe Fernando will
prepare another test package, if not, compiling from source isn't that
hard:

After these two git commands, go into hdspmixer an run ./gitcompile.
Then, if everythings builds correctly, run ./src/hdspmixer so see if
it's working.

Note that the git repo above might disappear once we have fixed all
remaining issues, so if you read this mail in a couple of months from
now, don't expect the URL to be still functional. ;)

Cheers

--
mail: adi at thur.de  	http://adi.thur.de	PGP/GPG: key via keyserver