[alsa-devel] list *all* PCMs

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadinov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 20:25:03 CET 2011

Hello,

I searched through the list archive and I can't find a way to list all
PCM devices. aplay/arecord -L show only these that have hint show on.
Is there such command that lists all PCMs?

While on it, it is also hard to obtain a list of capabilities of a
device. For example I don't see a way user can obtain the supported
sample rates by a sound device. I have found a program (see it
attached to http://www.spinics.net/linux/fedora/alsa-user/msg07230.html)
that seems to work fine. Could that program or similar functionality
be implemented in arecord/aplay so user can easily check device
capabilities?

Thank you,
Aleksandar

P.S. please cc me in replies because I'm not a subscriber