[alsa-devel] WL1273 FM Radio driver...

Mauro Carvalho Chehab mchehab at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 13:48:03 CET 2011

Em 07-02-2011 10:02, Mark Brown escreveu:
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 10:00:16AM -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>
>> the MFD part (for example, wl1273_fm_read_reg/wl1273_fm_write_cmd/wl1273_fm_write_data).
>> The logic that are related to control the radio (wl1273_fm_set_audio,  wl1273_fm_set_volume,
>> etc) are not related to access the device via the MFD bus. They should be at
>> the media part of the driver, where they belong.
>
> Those functions are being used by the audio driver.

Not sure if I understood your comments. Several media drivers have alsa drivers:
saa7134, em28xx, cx231xx, etc. The audio drivers for them are also under
/drivers/media, as it is not easy to de-couple audio and video/radio part
on those devices. For bttv and some USB boards (that use snd-usb-audio), the audio
part is at /sound, as the audio part on them are independent and don't need to
share anything, as audio is provided by a completely independent group of
registers.

I suggest to use the same logic for wl1273.

Cheers,
Mauro.