[alsa-devel] question about ctl.pulse ?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Feb 2 17:09:39 CET 2011

'Twas brillig, and Raymond Yau at 02/02/11 03:47 did gyre and gimble:
> Refer to
> http://git.alsa-project.org/?p=alsa-plugins.git;a=blob;f=doc/README-pulse;h=d5431b481c84d6f6d093a0da0710de699e9cd585;hb=HEAD
>
> The mixer control plugin also accepts the parameters "source" and "sink" for
> when you need to specify a sink/source combination with different names. If
> you need to do this with PCM:s then specify two PCM:s with different "device".
>

> Does it mean that the application only get playback controls from
> sink0, sink1 and capture controls from source0, source1, source2

That's what it appears but it still seems to pick the default for the
thing you don't specify...

e.g. if you only give a source, then it will also use the default sink.
and vice versa.

You can tell it not to do that with this:

ctl.sink5 {
    type pulse
    sink "5"
    source "-1"
}

but the source still shows up but manages to some kind of dummy thing.

I guess the plugin code could be tweaked to not have the control if -1
is passed?

Col

--

Colin Guthrie