[alsa-devel] Jack sense fails on Fujitsu p7120

Robin Neatherway neatherway at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 01:04:56 CET 2011

> Do you mean
>
> LOUT1 playback volume control at node 0x8 affect the volume of your
> headphone and LOUT2 playback volume control at node 0x9 affect the volume of
> your speakers ?
>
> If you look at 4.1 Block Diagram of alc260 datasheet ,
>
> LOUT1 is connected to 0xf Line Out and
> LOUT2 is connected to 0x10 HP

Having looked at the datasheet I agree with you, this seems
surprising. However, if I run speaker-test and then toggle the mutes
of LOUT1 and LOUT2 one by one, they toggle the headphones and speakers
respectively.

Additionally, to hear output on each device I have to set the
following pin modes:

Headphones: LINE1 pin mode at node 0x14 must be set to line out
(quieter)/headphones (louder)
Speakers: HP-OUT pin mode at node 0x10 must be set to line
out/headphones (same volume)

This bears little relationship to the datasheet.