[alsa-devel] snd_soc_jack_add_gpios vs. SOC_DAPM_PIN_SWITCH

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Tue Feb 1 12:33:51 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 04:03:58PM -0800, Stephen Warren wrote:

> However, if I use the control to disable the headphones, then unplug/replug
> the headphones, the jack detect seems to override the control, and I hear
> audio from the headphones.

> Is this something that's known not yet implemented or was never intended to
> be used this way, or should I look further to find the issue?

Using these two together makes no sense.  Either you manually control
the state of the output or you manage it automatically.

Generally a PIN_SWITCH() should only be used to offer control if none is
availabile within the CODEC - in the case of Harmony it wouldn't make
much sense as there's plenty of control in the CODEC for what gets
routed to the various outputs.

> FYI, sound/soc/samsung/smartq_wm8987.c has this same code structure, and I
> imagine will have the same issue.

Probably.