[alsa-devel] Fwd: Re: Realtek ALC889: HDA Intel and kernel 3.1 gives choppy sound (again)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Dec 14 15:48:02 CET 2011

At Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:32:08 +0100,
Colomban Wendling wrote:

> Here's my initial mail, but with gzipped outputs.

Please don't drop Cc list.

> Regards,
> Colomban

I see really no difference between vanilla3.1 and fixed.
The only difference is the NID 0x24, which is irrelevant with the
output.  It concludes that the commit you found has nothing to do with
the bug directly.  It's just a coincidence that it triggers
something.

Which output are you testing?  Does the problem happen on both HP and
all line-outs?  Also, how are you testing?  How about the direct aplay
with -Dhw like
	% aplay -Dhw foo.wav
??