[alsa-devel] start_threshold and stream controls for PCM streams

Nallasellan, Singaravelan singaravelan.nallasellan at intel.com
Fri Dec 9 06:35:19 CET 2011

Hi,

Would like to know how start_threshold is expected to be used in
single_threaded audio player?

I assume that in blocking implementation,  the write call will block
till the ring buffer becomes empty. Is it right?

If the audio player has to wait for the write call to be blocked,
I guess it is possible that the delay to service the stream controls
will be delayed as long as the buffer duration.

If so, how can I send stream control operations for the stream
when the stream is blocked for the buffer?

What are the option to service stream controls immediately?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
-Sing