[alsa-devel] snd-usb-audio - NI Traktor 10 - phono settings - partly solved

Daniel Mack zonque at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 13:33:50 CET 2011

On 12/04/2011 08:26 AM, Peter Dunker wrote:
> I used now amixer -c 1 numid=<1..8> off
>
> and it worked! The channels are on line level now:

Good :)

> numid=1,iface=MIXER,name='Direct Thru Channel A' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
> numid=2,iface=MIXER,name='Direct Thru Channel B' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
> numid=3,iface=MIXER,name='Direct Thru Channel C' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
> numid=4,iface=MIXER,name='Direct Thru Channel D' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
> numid=5,iface=MIXER,name='Phono Input Channel A' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
> numid=6,iface=MIXER,name='Phono Input Channel B' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
> numid=7,iface=MIXER,name='Phono Input Channel C' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
> numid=8,iface=MIXER,name='Phono Input Channel D' ;
> type=BOOLEAN,access=rw------,values=1 : values=off
>

> I have 2 problems left: 1) The amixer shows only 8, but the card has
> 10 channels. It might be no problem, as 2 channels were always line,
> but I have to double check, as soon as I have the card in hand
> (currently remote). Any idea, in case the 9. and 10. channel are
> still phono, where and how to look to set these channels too.

Yes, the main input on the front doesn't have a phono preamp and no
direct-thru feature.

> 2) When I connect 2 cards, how can I for sure discriminate which is
> which and assign certain plugins in asoundrc to a specific one. I
> plan to use more then one T10. I read people use the name of the card
> to avoid confusion, but they have no wall the same name. The problem
> is that the order of card numbers is given by the order the cards are
> connected and its not clear what happens when reboot, maybe every
> time something different.
>
> Any idea, how I could define for sure, which one is which one? Maybe
> with a serial number, but I haven't seen one.

The devices have unique serial numbers in the USB descriptor, but that
won't help you much as the driver doesn't use them to describe the
units. However, the 2nd card will get a suffix in its shortname, so you
might need to connect them one after the other to make sure the ordering
doesn't change.

Daniel