[alsa-devel] M-Audio FTU remaining mixer controls and external clocking support.

Grant Diffey gdiffey at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 01:05:49 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 27, 2011 at 12:18 AM, Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM, Grant Diffey <gdiffey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Daniel Mack <zonque at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Can you try to just open either the playback or the capture stream
> >> seperately, and not both at the same time?
> >
> > So...
> >
> > nevyn at cetacea:~/linux/linux$ aplay -D plughw:Ultra
> > /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup_new.wav
> > Playing WAVE '/usr/share/sounds/KDE_Startup_new.wav' : Signed 16 bit
> Little
> > Endian, Rate 22050 Hz, Stereo
> > aplay: set_params:1123: Unable to install hw params:
>
> Hmm? Strange, that worked for me. Does re-plugging the device help
> maybe? I can look into this deeper next week.
>
> The patch I sent out was also merely meant to be a base for discussion
> about whether the whole approach is sane, or just a result of my head
> thinking about it for too long :)
>
> Daniel

So I've just tested again being more awake and yes replugging the device
fixes it.

With regard to the open record while streaming stuff maybe a stream pool
would be a way to aproach it? so you open all the endpoints always and just
dump the data unless there's a pcm stream to attach to but I'm probably way
off.

Grant.